Weekly Update (2-19-14)
From Pastor Matt
On Sunday we looked at how God calls us to respond to injustice and persecution. We looked at how Jordan Davis' mother pointed us to Jesus and how his grace demolishes all of our categories of grace and mercy. I'd encourage you to ask the question this week: "Does my radical hope in God's justice and mercy cause others to ask for a reason for the hope that is in me?" If not, spend some more time meditating on God's scandalous love and mercy towards you and start expressing that to other people, especially when they don't deserve it.
We have some amazing opportunities coming up to go public with our faith and get the gospel in front of our friends and families.
1. Church at the Park is an easy way to invite people to come have some fun, hear about Jesus and eat some great food that YOU are going to bring by signing up below.
2. Declare you belong to Jesus. In the Bible the first thing new Christians did was get baptized. If you have not been baptized we would encourage you to take that step. Sign up below.
On Sunday, March 2nd, we will be at Flossie Brunson Eastside Park to worship Jesus. This will be an outdoor event with baptisms and BBQ and the perfect day to invite the whole neighborhood. We love to eat so please sign up below to bring your favorite casserole, side dish, or dessert (meat will be provided). In addition to eating and playing outside, we will also be doing baptisms. If you are a Christian and have not been baptized yet, sign up below!
Jesus tells us in Galatians 6:10 that as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those of the household of faith. One of the ways we can do good to the household of faith is by serving one another on Sunday mornings. Click on the button below to get connected to a Serve Team.
Areas Of Need
- Sound Engineer
- Production Team
- Kids Volunteers
- Security Guard
- Worship/Music Team
- Ministry Operations Assistant*
- Image HQ Intern*
*email email@example.com for serve description and hours
- 2-9-14 Attendance: 110 Adults / 19 Kids
- First Time Guests: 4
- New Families in Image Kids: 1
- Took Step To Join A Community Group: 5
- Took Step To Join A Serve Team: 3
- Weekly Need: $5,263*
- Given Last Week: $776**
- Number Of Gifts: 13 Gifts
- First Time Givers: 4
*As a new and growing church our budget is evaluated and revised on an ongoing basis.
** The amount given and number of gifts represents "internal giving" from people of The Image Church, it does not include the decreasing outside support we currently receive.