The mission of The Ville Church is to bring glory to God by seeing and showing people Jesus.
We are committed to saving lives through the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ, to stewarding all that God has given us, making disciples that make disciples, and mirroring the love shown to us through Christ to others.
Our affections for this mission are guided by these four values:
- Being transformed by the Gospel more and more.
- Beautifully worshipping God as a community with cross cultural unity and love.
- Cultivating a relational discipleship culture where everyone feels equipped to be discipled and make disciples of Jesus.
- Being for our city with an intentional mission that seeks to love and show our city Jesus by being present, serving, enjoying, encouraging, challenging and engaging in hard conversations.
Our inward focus as a church is to proclaim the Gospel and disciple everyone to be followers of Christ. Our hope is that the members of our church grow in their relationship with Christ, mature in the faith and knowledge of God’s Word, love their brothers and sisters in Christ andneighbors, and develop a pure desire to serve.
This is accomplished through the following:
- Sunday Worship Service - We gather weekly to corporately worship as a family of believers and to learn, teach and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- House Parties - Our midweek gathering consists of several community groups throughout the city called House Parties. Our most intentional focus on discipleship comes through these smaller, more relational settings hosted and lead by leaders in the church.
- Kidsville - Our kids ministry focuses on loving our little ones, clearly communicating the Gospel of Christ and helping parents with resources and tools for leading their child's heart.
- Makers - We lead and resource teens on how to make an impact on their peers while drawing out their giftings and talents. We help them learn, share, and apply the Gospel in real life scenarios.
- Women's Quartely - The WQ is a one-night women’s conference focused on leading the ladies into a deeper affection for Christ through worship, teaching, encouragement, and fellowship.
As our church sees Christ more and more together as a family, naturally the outcome of being undeservingly overwhelmed with such mercy and grace is that we would lavish others with the same love. Our outward response is broken down into the two following categories:
The Ville Church sits on the border of downtown Jacksonville and Springfield, a neighborhood currently in the middle of gentrification initiatives. Our city is steeped with a history of racial and economic division and our neighborhood bares the fruit of neglect. Fatherless homes, drugs, murder, violence, homelessness, mental illness and hopelessness are all to familiar. We respond to these issues by actively taking steps to serve our local neighborhood (Springfield/Eastside/Downtown) and equipping our church members to do the same in their communities.
We believe that loving kids is a pivotal way to love our city and move towards a brighter future. Volunteering in local schools, non-profits and working with teachers/leaders is a priority for The Ville Church. One of the distinctions associated with poverty has always been a lack of education. By partnering with schools, we are able to build relationships with future leaders, build esteem for education and a proper understanding of how it plays into the big picture of transforming communities for the better all while pointing people to Jesus. We currently serve closely with The Evac Movement, The Boselli Foundation, 2nd Mile, as well as other organizations and schools.